Monday, June 24, 2013

The Name

Musing Molly.

  1. musing  present participle of muse (Verb)

    Verb
    1. Be absorbed in thought.
    2. Say to oneself in a thoughtful manner.
I hope this will be a place to record my thoughts in a way that will both edify myself and others as I share experiences of my sweet family.
I am Molly.
The Mr aka Man of my dreams for the past 7 years
(first sighting, crushing, dating, marriage, and the babies in the baby carriage)
D-the 2 year old
and The bambino aka the younger brother.


Molly Mormon
My nickname from high school given because of my commitment to a faith that often seemed extreme to my friends. I was initially kind of embarrassed of the name as a hormonal teenager girl struggling to fit in but for those that knew me then I owned it :) and I am still trying to live up to it today.  The "goody to shoes" lifestyle is for me because when I obey the rules or commandments I am happier. And I have no doubt that majority of the "good life" I am experiencing now is because of choices I made during those crucial adolescent years. I was in no way perfect then, and am nowhere near perfect now, but it is funny what a label can do for someone and the name Molly did exactly that. It made me want to be a better person and a better disciple of Jesus Christ whose name I have taken upon myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment