Saturday, November 2, 2013

Gratitude

Sometimes I get really ambitious about life, traditions, and holidays. I have started doing a 30 day journal of gratitude I purchased from this website  She is apparently starting it up again for the month of November. I can only sing praises about what a neat experience it has been to start being a little more grateful every day by writing a more detailed experience than what I would on facebook or even this blog. I try to do this every few months and hope to pass it on to my boys so they can get a glimpse of my life. To give you an idea of some of the prompts these were the ones from the first 2 days.
Day 1 "What seems to us as bitter trials are often blessings in disguise" Oscar Wilde
Everyone experiences trials. It's part of our experience here on Earth. Think of someone you know who has turned a trial into a blessing. What was their trial and how did the use it for good and the good of others? Think of a time in your life when a trial ultimately became a blessing. If you are going through a trial right now, determine to express gratitude for it and ask your Heavenly Father to help you use your Heavenly Father to help use your trial to bless your life or the life of others. Sometimes we go through things to develop empathy for others, so we can help them. If you absolutely cannot be grateful for your trial at this time, don't focus all of your energy on it. Choose to focus your energy on the things that you can be grateful for.
Day 2 "We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures." Thornton Wilder
Write a list of all the treasures in your life. How do these things make your life "rich"? Make a conscious effort to think of these things when you are having a bad day. You could come back and read this list as a reminder to count your blessings .

I have been pretty busy these days :) We had a great Halloween :) and a much needed afternoon with the Mr. Here are some pictures of our recent doings.
At the Bus Stop waiting to go to the Mr's school.
A shot of campus and D looking out of the grad school lounge.

 I also was in charge of decorations at our church Halloween party/Fall Festival. I wish I could say I came up with this photo backdrop but I have an amazing friend who is great at these types of things. Check out her blog here  She has been a new friend since we have moved and I have loved getting to know her and her family better. She really is so talented and she is Welch and has an accent and it just makes me happy. She also handed out real chocolate on Halloween-none of the American stuff we accept as chocolate.
 We opted for trick or treating at the mall this year so our boys could walk around and not have to be bundled up. Our conductor and the giraffe were a hit!


No comments:

Post a Comment