Monday, September 23, 2013

Date Night with the Littles

On Friday Night the Mr was working on campus pretty late. Our life is pretty monotonous these days.He leaves around 8 am and then gets home some time between 7:00 (on a good day) and 9:00 on a long day. When he does come home if the boys are up he plays a little and helps put them down and then he gets back to work. If he comes home after they are asleep we eat together and then he gets back to work till 10:30 or 11.  The Mr loves what he is studying, and it is funny because for someone studying political science he sure hates politics, he just loves the science of politics. Either way he works hard and we are so proud of all that he does. This makes for some long days for me and on Friday I was wallowing in my own self pity but I decided to change my attitude. We put train tracks on the ground (using masking tape) and had fun racing throughout the whole house. Then we decided to make pizza. I have loved trying new pizza and sauce recipes every week (we are up to 8 different ones) and it was fun letting D help. While I was trying to capture this fun night for the Mr a lot happened in about a 30 second time period. The pictures will do the talking.
Helping mom get the flour out.

 The masking tape tracks
 Love my brown eyed boy.
 I can't believe how big this boy is getting.
 The Bambino helped me get the corn meal out.
 And then he helped me dump it on the carpet.
 We hadn't left the house that day and I decided we would head to get a McDonalds ice cream cone and play on the play place. Well just as I was getting ready to drive off I felt like I should call the Mr and see what time he was planning on coming home. He told me the bus had just dropped him off and that he walking home right then! We were so excited to have Dad join us. The closest McDonald's didn't have a play place (dang college town) so we headed to a new park. When we got back we put the boys to sleep and the Mr did some more homework. :) It was a nice little break as a family.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE it! The life of a college wife :) I have couple of REALLY good pizza recipes I should send you. We have fun trying to make pizza without red sauce.

    ReplyDelete